Related to HISAS 13, there is some related common question that will be useful for you.
a. What is the HISAS Scientific Meeting?
This meeting is an annual meeting has been held since 2003 and mainly as an agenda for knowledge sharing and discussion of some current researches with the theme: Science Development.
b. Where and when the meeting will be held?
The meeting will be held on March 5-6th, 2016, in Faculty of Letters, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan.
c. For whom is the meeting ?
Researcher from Indonesia and other countries
d. What is the learning trip?
This is an outdoor activity to give the participants an experience about some work culture of Japanese .
a. When is the period of registration?
January 8 – February 24, 2016
b. How can the participants register ?
Participant should register through online registration at website of HISAS 2016.
c. How much the participation cost?
First author (presenter) who will present should pay: 4.000 yen, while supporter (participant) should pay 3.000 yen.
d. How can the participant pay?
Participants should pay on the spot before the meeting is started on the organizing meeting desk. Please bring the registration form filled from the registration website.
All of the participant will receive the meeting kit, certificate and proceeding (1 for 1 paper)
Organizing Committee will not provide any transportation, but some will wait in the Sapporo station and give explanation to go to the venue
You can arrive at Sapporo at New Chittose International Airport. There are some direct flights from major city in Asia to Sapporo such as:
- Seoul, Busan Korea (Incheon International Airport): Approx. 3 hours.
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (LCCT/KLIA International Airport) : Approx. 7h 40 min.
- Bangkok, Thailand (Suvarnabhumi International Airport): Approx. 7 hours.
- Taipei, Taiwan (Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport): Approx. 4 h 10 min.
If your Airline arrive at another major city of Japan, you can continue using the domestic flight such as:
- Sendai—Sapporo 1 h 10 min.
- Nagoya—Sapporo 1 h 40 min.
- Haneda/Narita—Sapporo 1 h 30 min.
- Osaka— Sapporo 1 h 55 min.
- Niigata—Sapporo 1 h 10 min
- Fukuoka—Sapporo 2 h 35 min.
- Participants should do:
After arriving at New Chittose Airport, you can go to the center of the city by train or bus which cost arround 1000 yen. We recommend you to go by train and go down at Sapporo Station. The conference venue is not far from Sapporo Station and just arround 10 minutes by walking.
Organizing Committee will not provide any accommodation for the participants. Participants can search from the following information link of websites.
Participant is allowed to stay in his or her relatives or friends apartment and therefore participants should be responsible for anything about it. However, participants should inform it to the organizing committee.
4. Food, Beverages and Medicine
Organizing Committee will provide lunch and snacks during the meeting. Participant should be aware of the halal food since in Japan not so many halal product in the market.
There are some drugs store available near the meeting location, but Organizing Committee does not provide medicine or health care during the meeting.
Please provide personal medicine (allergic, Asma, diabet, etc) and needs that might be difficult to find in Japan.
5. Equipment and clothes to be prepared
Please prepare your winter clothes (jacket, gloves, cap, etc) since, March is still in winter season. You can check the weather forecast here.
Common, electric plug in Japan (left), don’t forget to bring the universal converter (rigth) from your country.
6. Contact of the Organizing Committee
You can contact the committee by email email@example.com
- Do not littering during stay in Japan
- Do not involve and conduct in any crime action during the stay in Japan
- Do not miss or skip the meeting and learning trip schedule
- Obey the rule of Japan and the Meeting
- Organizing Committee will not be responsible for any crime action conducted by the participants